Saturday 5 December 2009

Question for December 5

He is a politician, entrepreneur, real estate and insurance tycoon, bank and media proprietor and a sports team owner. He is the proprietor of three analogue television channels, various digital television channels, as well as some of the larger-circulation national news magazines. Together these account for nearly half the country's market. He also wrote the anthem for the sports team that he owns. He has a very successful business career though funding sources have always been a bit fishy. Of course he had his share of legal problems. He said of his legal problems, "I'm the universal record-holder for the number of trials in the entire history of man -- and also of other creatures who live on other planets."

On his entering politics he said,

"----- is the country I love. Here I have my roots, my hopes, my horizons. Here I have learned, from my father and from life, how to be an entrepreneur. Here I have also acquired the passion for liberty.

I have chosen to enter the field and become a public servant because I do not want to live in an illiberal country, ruled by immature forces and by people who are well and truly bound to a past that proved both a political and economic failure."

Who am I talking about?

6 comments:

Nikhil said...

Roman Abramovich of Chelsea fame.

Ankur said...

Silvio Berlusconi the owner of AC Milan ?

Gaurav Kane said...

Silvio Belusconi?

Gypsy said...

Silvio Berlusconi

Sailesh Ganesh said...

Some arab sheikh who also owns an english football club?

The Answer said...

Silvio Berlusconi it is. Congrats everyone!