Friday 25 September 2009

Question for Sep 25

In January 1952, a 23 year old medical student (X) and his 29 year old biochemist friend embarked on a journey (see visual) on the back of La Poderosa ("The Mighty One"). This journey would transform the life of X.

Here are some quotes relating to that journey and X.

A historian
"His political and social awakening has very much to do with this face-to-face contact with poverty, exploitation, illness, and suffering"

The biochemist friend
"I got the impression that X was saying goodbye to institutional medicine and becoming a doctor of the people."

X himself
"I knew that when the great guiding spirit cleaves humanity into two antagonistic halves, I will be with the people."

Identify X.

13 comments:

Gaurav Kane said...

Che Guevera

pratYk said...

Che Guevara .. This journey inspired the film, The Motorcycle Diaries.

btw, check out the movie Che (part 1 & 2 because of the length) which depicts his days where he became the revolutionary he is known for .. Benicio Del Toro plays Che ..

IC said...

That's Comandante Che Guevara.

AJ said...

Che Guevara

anuj said...

Che guevara

Kiran Vyakaranam said...

Easy one if you watched the movie :)
Che and his friend and their motorcycle journey through SA...

Dev said...

Ernesto 'Che' Guevara.

shiv said...

Just looking at the question I am reminded of the "Motorcycle Diaries" even though I havent read/seen the book/movie. So I am gonna say 'x' is 'Che'.

SKK said...

X is for sure a certain South American Leader, a doctor turned activist.

Remember seeing a movie on the dude!

I am guessing it is Fidel Castro.

Sailesh Ganesh said...

Che Guevara?

Nikhil said...

X = Che Guevara.

Motorcycle Diaries is a really good movie if you haven't watched it already. I haven't read the book though.

Rahul said...

I am not sure if this is a trick question :) My answer is Che Guevera...

The Answer said...

X = El Che

Correctly answered by a whopping 11 of you. Well done !!