Thursday 24 September 2009

Quiz question for September 24th

This was a very controversial statement in its time:
"Christianity will go.. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. ____________; I don't know which will go first — rock and roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right, but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me.".
Who said it and what are the missing words? Please mention in the comments if you figure this out *without* using Google :).

7 comments:

PS said...

"Beatles are more famous than Jesus".

- John Lennon

Gaurav Kane said...

Has to be John Lennon and his famous 'beatles are more famous than Jesus christ' line!!

anuj said...

Elvis...just guessing

Rahul said...

John Lennon? I think it is one of the Beatles. I am not sure if this is what was in the blank, but he did say beatles were more famous than jesus which apparently ticked off his would be assasin!

*no internet aids*

Gaurav said...

This one was easy. John Lennon

SKK said...

OK I dont feel like googling.. too lazy... just a guess... was it John lennon or maybe some other Beatle. Fuck is one of the words in the phrase that fills the blank ;)

The Answer said...

The missing statement was "We (The Beatles) are more popular than Jesus now" by John Lennon.

Congrats Kane, Rahul and PS for the full answer, and Gaurav and Sanjit for getting Lennon right.