Wednesday 19 August 2009

Question for Aug 19-Gaurav Kane

I was born Krishna Pandit Bhanji in Snainton, near Scarborough,
Yorkshire, England, the son of Annalyna Mary (née Goodman), an actress and model,
and Rahimtulla Harji Bhanji, a medical doctor in 1943. In my teens, I changed
my name from Krishna Bhanji to X, fearing that a foreign
name would hamper my career.I have since been recognozed as one of
Britain's most acclaimed and well-known performers, I am one of few
men to have won all four major motion picture acting awards, receiving
an Oscar (for my most notable performance in 1982), BAFTA,
Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild awards throughout my career. I
was knighted in 2001 and gained notoriety for insisting on being called
Sir X but after criticism by the bbc, I dropped my demand. Who am I?

15 comments:

Rahul said...

Ben Kingsley (I wouldn't mind with the sir business!)

Ankur said...

Sir Ben Kingsley...

He won the best actor for Gandhi in 1982. Hence my guess.

Madhur said...

Man recognized as "Mahatma Gandhi" :)

Ben Kingsley

Kiran Vyakaranam said...

Ben Kingsley? I know Gandhi came out in 1982...

pratYk said...

X = Ben Kingsley

shiv said...

I figured it was the guy who played Gandhi... forgot his name so had to google it :)

Ben Kingsley

RRao said...

I'm pretty sure its Ben Kingsley. Coincidentally, there was an interview of him on NPR earlier this week.

Dev said...

Ben Kingsley

Nikhil said...

Ben Kingsley. The 82 Oscar was for Gandhi...

Hariharasudhan Viswanathan said...

Random guess....Ben Kingsley?

Ayyappadas said...

Ben Kingsley!

Tyler Durden said...

Ben Kingsley - the 1982 Oscar being the clue.

Tour de Fork said...

Ben Kinsley (BK=KB=Krishna Bhanji?)

Sailesh Ganesh said...

Ben Kingsley? This is a guess from the left field.

The Answer said...

Ben Kingsley it was... wow everyone got it.. I am gonna make my next question harder